Put-in-Bay has many events and surprises all summer and we post this information to our blog. Be sure to stay up to date on all things Put-in-Bay as you prepare for your summer vacation or even just checking in over the winter. We strive to provide monthly updates of important island information, and sometimes just plain fun articles as well.
Put-in-Bay Pyrate Fest 07 Jun, 19
Imagine… The year is 1818 and you and your family are infamous pirates that plunder the Great Lakes. News reaches you of a Pyrate Fest that is half a days journey to the east. You hear how it is an event filled with family fun activities and other fellow pirates. You raise the sails and…More Information
Put-in-Bay History 02 Nov, 18
Located in the shallow western end of Lake Erie is a group of 20 or more islands rich in Put-in-Bay history. One of these, alternately called Put-in-Bay or South Bass Island, served as a base of operations for Oliver Hazard Perry. It was from the harbor called Put-in-Bay that Perry sailed to defeat the British…More Information
You’d be forgiven for thinking that you were watching an episode of Planet Earth, but this is actually amateur footage taken from the Put-in-Bay Condos on Lake Erie. Tens of thousands of cormorants skim their way across Lake Erie on their way to, well, wherever it is they’re heading. The stars of this breathtaking video…More Information
Put-in-Bay Historical Weekend Cancellations 07 Sep, 18
Put-in-Bay Historical Weekend – Sept 7-9, 2018 It is with a heavy heart that we announce all events at Perry’s National Monument have been cancelled due to weather this weekend. Historical Weekend at the Bay is a celebration of the Anniversary of the Battle of Lake Erie. It is a celebration of history, art and…More Information
National Parks Bill to help Put-in-Bay 14 Jul, 18
A National Parks Service bill proposed by Sen. Rob Portman could address a $12 billion backlog of deferred maintenance at National Parks. It would bring more than $1.8 million to one of Dayton’s historical sites and millions elsewhere. Portman introduced the Restore Our Parks Act in the U.S. Senate last week, according to his office.…More Information
Labatt Beer – Drinking for Cleaner Water 18 Jun, 18
Labatt USA Partners with Lake Erie Waterkeeper to Promote Local Water Stewardship in Ohio This Summer Investment in local organization serves as part of Labatt USA’s larger partnership with the global Waterkeeper Alliance to protect and sustain drinkable, fishable and swimmable water Labatt USA will partner with Lake Erie Waterkeeper to further its efforts to…More Information
2018 Put-in-Bay Garage Sale This Weekend 14 May, 18
PUT-IN-BAY, OH – This weekend, Put-in-Bay welcomes visitors to the island to go on a “Garage Sale Treasure Hunt”! You never know what you might find from an old wooden chair to a nautical heirloom. Treasures abound at over two dozen stops on the Garage Sale Trail. The event will be held all day, from…More Information
Put-in-Bay Events: Think Spring! 17 Apr, 18
Time to start thinking about Put-in-Bay Events! However, Old man Winter seems like he’ll never release his grip on the area. Still, we are gearing up for another fantastic season on Put-In-Bay. While the bulk of our guests come between June and August, the island has wonderful activities and events both early and late in…More Information
Put-in-Bay Paranormal 12 Mar, 18
Is the island normal or is Put-in-Bay Paranormal? According to some paranormal researchers, there is convincing evidence that yes is the answer. The following will discuss claims of other worldly visitors at three Put-in-Bay establishments: The Park Hotel, the Doller House and the Crews Nest. Put-in-Bay Paranormal: 3 Suspected Haunts Park Hotel The Park Hotel…More Information
The Mid America Boat Show returns to the I-X Center in Cleveland, Ohio January 18th, 2018. This is the largest and oldest boat show in Ohio. Here, there are many fun and entertaining things to do and see. Bring the family for a taste of Summer in the middle of the Winter! Also, browse from…More Information
Put-in-Bay, Ohio is the Key West of the North to many so our blogs often relate to islands, lakes, travel, entertainment, and local happenings. We welcome guest blog content and would love to have you send us your ideas or articles for review and possible submission as a Put-in-Bay Online Blog post!
Quick Put-in-Bay Things To Do
Kids, adults, and seniors alike will find their own special attractions on South Bass Island. One of the best parts of it all is that all the attractions are located on an island! Some say one of the best attractions is riding the Put-in-Bay ferry boat that travels across Lake Erie (we’ve blogged about it!). Families and groups love the freedom to rent a Put-in-Bay golf cart during their visit and cruise the island attractions at their own leisurely pace. Put-in-Bay is one of the few places where you can drive a golf cart legally on the road just like a car! If you are not interested in a golf cart rental, our Put-in-Bay taxis are a great alternative to get around.
What is a Blog?
Here are a few very simple definitions that can get you started.
- A blog originally came from the word weblog or a web log.
- You can think of it as an online journal or diary, although blogs are used for much more now, like online journalism.
- A blogger is someone who blogs, or writes content for a blog. They could be someone who works at a Put-in-Bay restaurant full time and blogs as a hobby, for example.
- Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog.
Here are some more in-depth definitions if the first ones were too simple.
- A blog is a type of website which has posts (or entries) appearing in reverse chronological order.
- Blog posts typically appear with the most recent blog post (or entry, post) first, just like a diary or journal.
- A blog is typically updated frequently and regularly, although there are some who are considered slow bloggers.
- Blogs typically have an area for people to comment or respond to the blog post. Readers often post their thoughts about the topic, or about their Put-in-Bay lodging accommodations.
- Blogs may also have other areas of content and links to other websites.
- Blogs can have individual authors or be a collection of authors.
- Blogs have a history or an archive of previous blog posts.
Now, if you do blogging for a living, these may be richer and deeper definitions of a blog.
- A blog is a collection of content that is organized repetitively. This content can take the form of basic words (copy) as well as rich media (audio, video, and embeddable objects).
- A blog typically focuses on a particular subject matter for clarity, focus, and
- A blog can be built by hand, manually through writing the post, uploading to a website via FTP, and then publishing.
- A blog can also be managed by software, sometimes called a CMS (Content Management System), where a lot of the features are automatically created and populated.
- A blog typically can be read in a number of different formats including the homepage, single post page, categories, tags, and also via RSS and other such syndication technologies.
- Readers and visitors can subscribe to the blog so that they can consume the content in a variety of different means, tools, devices, and applications. Blogs can appear on big information sites like this one, or on smaller individual business websites like The Put-in-Bay Island Club Home Rentals.
- A blog today could take the form of microblogging (like Twitter, Posterous, Tumblr), vblogging (video blogging), and more which can focus on a particular type of content or technology.