Put-in-Bay has many events and surprises all summer and we post this information to our blog. Be sure to stay up to date on all things Put-in-Bay as you prepare for your summer vacation or even just checking in over the winter. We strive to provide monthly updates of important island information, and sometimes just plain fun articles as well.
June 2022 PIB Gazette – This & That 16 Jun, 22
putinbayonline.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s “This & That”. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That Bret and Meredith Klun are excited to announce their new venture, Lake Effects Boutique, opening this summer in downtown Put-in-Bay at the Depot where the…More Information
June 2022 PIB Gazette – Island Photo Op 09 Jun, 22
For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! Island Photo Op: Father’s Day Father’s Day is often considered a Hallmark Holiday, but here in Put-in-Bay we have long connected “Fathers Day” with our annual “Founder’s Day” island celebration. And in case you are new here or missed out…More Information
May 2022 Gazette – Look Who Is Traveling! 24 May, 22
Look Who Is Traveling! April was still pretty busy as far as traveling away from the island went. A large group of French Family members rented a bus and headed to Keenland Race Track in Lexington, KY this past month. Kyle and Brooke Wertenbach took their kids, Evelyn, Wade and Charlotte, to Florida for a…More Information
Port Authority: An Open Letter to the Community Port Authority Projects to Improve Island Infrastructure The Put-in-Bay Township Port Authority has been working diligently to support the residents’ needs and to enhance the island experience for visitors. The Port Authority’s mandate and focus is providing year-round access to the islands that is safe and user-friendly.…More Information
May 2022 PIB Gazette – This & That 10 May, 22
putinbayonline.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s “This & That”. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That You may have noticed there is no longer a gift shop at the Catawba Dock. Plans call for an expansion of the restrooms in the building.…More Information
March 2022 PIB Gazette – This & That 02 Feb, 22
putinbayonline.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s “This & That”. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That We’d like to send out happy birthday wishes to Bob Bahney who lives at the tip of Peach Point. He turns 90 on March 16th!…More Information
Lake Erie Islands Christmas Bird Count The Lake Erie Islands Count Circle of the Audubon Christmas Bird Count was held on December 19th, 2021 with people participating on Middle Bass, South Bass, Kelleys and Pelee Island. This was the 122nd year for the annual Audubon Christmas Count, making it one of the oldest citizen…More Information
2022 Cleveland Boat Show Rescheduled to March 17th-20th The return to the I-X Center of the 65th Progressive Cleveland Boat Show, presented by Toyota Tundra, has been rescheduled to March 17-20, the Lake Erie Marine Trades Association announced today. According to Michelle Burke, LEMTA President, the change reflects an abundance of caution considering the alarming…More Information
putinbayonline.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s “This & That”. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That Did you know that Coast Guard Station Marblehead is in the top running for most search and rescue sorties each year in the entire nation? This…More Information
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Environmental News. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! Audubon Christmas Bird Count 2021 The Annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count will be held in the Lake Erie Islands Count Circle on Sunday, December 19th. Participants will be needed…More Information
Put-in-Bay, Ohio is the Key West of the North to many so our blogs often relate to islands, lakes, travel, entertainment, and local happenings. We welcome guest blog content and would love to have you send us your ideas or articles for review and possible submission as a Put-in-Bay Online Blogpost!
Quick Put-in-Bay Things To Do
Kids, adults, and seniors alike will find their own special attractions on South Bass Island. One of the best parts of it all is that all the attractions are located on an island! Some say one of the best attractions is riding the Put-in-Bay ferry boat that travels across Lake Erie (we’ve blogged about it!). Families and groups love the freedom to rent a Put-in-Bay golf cart during their visit and cruise the island attractions at their own leisurely pace. Put-in-Bay is one of the few places where you can drive a golf cart legally on the road just like a car! If you are not interested in a golf cart rental, our Put-in-Bay taxis are a great alternative to get around.
What is a Blog?
Here are a few very simple definitions that can get you started.
- A blog originally came from the word weblog or a web log.
- You can think of it as an online journal or diary, although blogs are used for much more now, like online journalism.
- A blogger is someone who blogs or writes content for a blog. They could be someone who works at a Put-in-Bay restaurant full time and blogs as a hobby, for example.
- Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog.
Here are some more in-depth definitions if the first ones were too simple.
- A blog is a type of website which has posts (or entries) appearing in reverse chronological order.
- Blog posts typically appear with the most recent blog post (or entry, post) first, just like a diary or journal.
- A blog is typically updated frequently and regularly, although there are some who are considered slow bloggers.
- Blogs typically have an area for people to comment or respond to the blog post. Readers often post their thoughts about the topic, or about their Put-in-Bay lodging accommodations.
- Blogs may also have other areas of content and links to other websites.
- Blogs can have individual authors or be a collection of authors.
- Blogs have a history or an archive of previous blog posts.
Now, if you do blogging for a living, these may be richer and deeper definitions of a blog.
- A blog is a collection of content that is organized repetitively. This content can take the form of basic words (copy) as well as rich media (audio, video, and embeddable objects).
- A blog typically focuses on a particular subject matter for clarity, focus, and
- A blog can be built by hand, manually through writing the post, uploading to a website via FTP, and then publishing.
- A blog can also be managed by software, sometimes called a CMS (Content Management System), where a lot of the features are automatically created and populated.
- A blog typically can be read in a number of different formats including the homepage, single post page, categories, tags, and also via RSS and other such syndication technologies.
- Readers and visitors can subscribe to the blog so that they can consume the content in a variety of different means, tools, devices, and applications. Blogs can appear on big information sites like this one, or on smaller individual business websites like The Put-in-Bay Island Club Home Rentals.
- A blog today could take the form of microblogging (like Twitter, Posterous, Tumblr), vlogging (video blogging), and more which can focus on a particular type of content or technology.