Put-in-Bay has many events and surprises all summer and we post this information to our blog. Be sure to stay up to date on all things Put-in-Bay as you prepare for your summer vacation or even just checking in over the winter. We strive to provide monthly updates of important island information, and sometimes just plain fun articles as well.
The Top 10 Kid-Friendly Things to Do at Put-in-Bay While Put-in-Bay is known for its nightlife and party scene on the weekend, the mid-week island vibe is incredibly kid-friendly. Bringing your kids up to Put-in-Bay could be the affordable getaway your family has been dreaming of. There are so many family-friendly memories to be made…More Information
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! Random Thoughts From Jeff Koehler September is certainly welcome this year. Even with loads of visitors, employee shortages and a few product shortages, we all made it through. And just like…More Information
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Island Diary. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That Islanders noticed another boat washed up on Buckeye Island at the northeast end of South Bass Island in August. Buckeye seems to attract boaters for some…More Information
August 2021 PIB Gazette – Environmental News 06 Aug, 21
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Island Diary. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! Ohio Geological Survey Releases New Lake Erie Publication The Ohio Geological Survey is excited to announce the release of its latest publication, Geologic Guidebook to Ohio State Parks in…More Information
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Island Diary. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! Garden Club News A Big thanks to The Goat, Anchor Inn, PIB Winery and The Getaway Inn for hosting the Garden Club Wine & Roses garden tour. It was…More Information
putinbay.com is proud to present the Put-in-Bay Gazette’s Island Diary. For the best South Bass Island journalism, visit putinbay.news and subscribe to the Gazette today! This & That Thirty years ago during the hot summer of 1991, Eric Zeitzheim, George Allen from the Round House and others drank a beer on every Lake Erie…More Information
Garlic Mustard, Pulled! The City of Green near Akron, Ohio issued a challenge as to which community can pull the most garlic mustard in a day! Put-in-Bay accepted the challenge and had a great group of volunteers who showed up to help us meet it! Brendan Morgan of EnviroScience rallied the PIB volunteers at…More Information
July 2021 This & That – PIB Gazette 02 Jul, 21
This & That Natalie Ontko Price (PIBHS Class of 1994) was on the island the last two weeks of June with her daughters Vivian and Cassie visiting family and friends.In late June, Navy officer Anna Engel (PIBHS Class of 2012) surprised her family with an unannounced visit home from her duties on the West Coast.…More Information
June 2021 This & That – PIB Gazette 03 Jun, 21
This & That USA TODAY recently listed Put-in-Bay in their “10 Best Island Escapes You Can Drive To” post on the Internet. Put-in-Bay School’s science teacher Missi Kowalski has two young goats she’s raising at her home on East Point. Chris and Joy Cooper recently installed an 85-foot long zip line for their kids that…More Information
May 2021 This & That – PIB Gazette 14 May, 21
This & That Our April issue might have had some misleading stories in it. One of them was the announcement of the addition of drag racing at the Put-in-Bay Airport during this year’s Road Race Reunion. Rest assured, there will be no drag racing at this year’s races or at any Road Race Reunion event…More Information
Catch the Live Broadcast Rudy & the Island Girl, the popular WPIB Radio digital radio station, will be broadcasting live from Das Lokal Biergarten at the Goat Soup & Whiskey on Friday evening, May 28th, starting at 6 p.m. Islanders Rudy Cooks and Christie Ontko have been streaming their show late on Friday afternoons for…More Information
Put-in-Bay, Ohio is the Key West of the North to many so our blogs often relate to islands, lakes, travel, entertainment, and local happenings. We welcome guest blog content and would love to have you send us your ideas or articles for review and possible submission as a Put-in-Bay Online Blogpost!
Quick Put-in-Bay Things To Do
Kids, adults, and seniors alike will find their own special attractions on South Bass Island. One of the best parts of it all is that all the attractions are located on an island! Some say one of the best attractions is riding the Put-in-Bay ferry boat that travels across Lake Erie (we’ve blogged about it!). Families and groups love the freedom to rent a Put-in-Bay golf cart during their visit and cruise the island attractions at their own leisurely pace. Put-in-Bay is one of the few places where you can drive a golf cart legally on the road just like a car! If you are not interested in a golf cart rental, our Put-in-Bay taxis are a great alternative to get around.
What is a Blog?
Here are a few very simple definitions that can get you started.
- A blog originally came from the word weblog or a web log.
- You can think of it as an online journal or diary, although blogs are used for much more now, like online journalism.
- A blogger is someone who blogs or writes content for a blog. They could be someone who works at a Put-in-Bay restaurant full time and blogs as a hobby, for example.
- Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog.
Here are some more in-depth definitions if the first ones were too simple.
- A blog is a type of website which has posts (or entries) appearing in reverse chronological order.
- Blog posts typically appear with the most recent blog post (or entry, post) first, just like a diary or journal.
- A blog is typically updated frequently and regularly, although there are some who are considered slow bloggers.
- Blogs typically have an area for people to comment or respond to the blog post. Readers often post their thoughts about the topic, or about their Put-in-Bay lodging accommodations.
- Blogs may also have other areas of content and links to other websites.
- Blogs can have individual authors or be a collection of authors.
- Blogs have a history or an archive of previous blog posts.
Now, if you do blogging for a living, these may be richer and deeper definitions of a blog.
- A blog is a collection of content that is organized repetitively. This content can take the form of basic words (copy) as well as rich media (audio, video, and embeddable objects).
- A blog typically focuses on a particular subject matter for clarity, focus, and
- A blog can be built by hand, manually through writing the post, uploading to a website via FTP, and then publishing.
- A blog can also be managed by software, sometimes called a CMS (Content Management System), where a lot of the features are automatically created and populated.
- A blog typically can be read in a number of different formats including the homepage, single post page, categories, tags, and also via RSS and other such syndication technologies.
- Readers and visitors can subscribe to the blog so that they can consume the content in a variety of different means, tools, devices, and applications. Blogs can appear on big information sites like this one, or on smaller individual business websites like The Put-in-Bay Island Club Home Rentals.
- A blog today could take the form of microblogging (like Twitter, Posterous, Tumblr), vlogging (video blogging), and more which can focus on a particular type of content or technology.